home > HQ-US and the American Board of Medical Specialties Program
HQ-US and the American Board of Medical Specialties Program
HIVQUAL-US (HQ-US) is approved as an ABMS Portfolio Sponsor beginning September 2011 through December 2013, with physician participation limited to those who are practicing in facilities/practices participating in HQ-US. Please click here for program materials.
The medical specialty boards currently participating in the program are:
o The American Board of Family Medicine (ABFM) - www.theabfm.org
o The American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) - www.abim.org
o The American Board of Pediatrics (ABP) - www.abp.org
o The American Board of Allergy and Immunology - www.abai.org
o The American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology - www.abog.org
o The American Board of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation - www.abpmr.org
o The American Board of Surgery - www.absurgery.org
o The American Board of Otolaryngology - www.aboto.org
o The American Board of Preventive Medicine - www.theabpm.org
o The American Board of Dermatology - www.abderm.org
o The American Board of Anesthesiology - www.theaba.org
• HIVQUAL-US is approved for 20 points of Maintenance of Certification (MOC) Part IV Self-Evaluation of Practice Performance credit.
• Participating physicians must be enrolled in their respective Board’s MOC program at the time MOC credit is requested.
• Physician participation is expected to take approximately 50 hours/year.
• Enrollment must occur no later than June 1 with annual report and participation verification documentation to be submitted by November 1 in the calendar year for which you are seeking credit.
• Physician must currently provide diagnostic and hospital or clinic treatment services to HIV-positive patients in the physician’s clinics.
• Physician must demonstrate active participation as a lead or as a member of the quality improvement team.
• Physician must implement at least one quality improvement project.